Weekend intensive (4 days)
Creating a character with Gilles Plouffe
2 weekends (with a one weekend interval for your character research and development homework)
Saturday & Sunday : 11 :00 am to 5:00 pm. Total : 24 hours $600 + taxes (40% discount if you are also registered in one of our weekly classes) (Age: 16+)
Some actors play themselves within the given circumstances of the life of a character and some create a character different from themselves.
At the end of this workshop, you will know how to create a credible and believable character for film, television and theater.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- research & explore a character’s personality
- create the character and it's imaginary world
- live the life of that character with the context of your script
- do your character preparation exercises and apply them in scene work
- act like a real human being
Finally, you will work & present a scene with a partner.
You will discover that, in the end, each actor has a unique way of creating a character.
Your registration to this workshop must be pre-approved by Gilles. Please contact our office to reserve and validate your place at least 15 days before the beginning of the workshop. See class schedule for upcoming dates...